- Our final payment to Oakland Cottages for our July reservation is due on June 3rd -- just a little over 2 weeks away. Each family owes a total of $405, less any payments that you've already made. This amount does not include any portion of the $90 pet fee.
- Will our furry friends be joining us? Lenka & Jacq, let me know so that I tell the folks at Oakland Cottages what to expect!
- KP Duty: 'rah signed up for Friday's meals, Lenka called dibs on lunch on Thursday (we're gonna give her breakfast and dinner that day, too. We're just generous that way). I'm covering Tuesday's dinner and breakfast and lunch on Saturday. Jacq, you and Ma get to fight over who's responsible for getting us fed on Wednesday!
- Everyone who is running needs to register to participate. You can do this a couple of different ways:
1. Sign up at active.com From their website:
This is the 14th Annual Kiwanis Firecracker 5K Run and 1 Mile Fun Walk. It is sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of North Buncombe. Proceeds are used for scholarships to college for Seniors at the local high school. We thank you for your support!
-Firecracker 5K Run: $15.00
-Firecracker 1 Mile Fun Walk: $15.00
-Late Registration From Jun. 20 until July 2: $20.00
-T-Shirt guaranteed to persons who pre-register by July 2, 2007.
2. Email me and ask me to email Rona and ask her to send you a registration form (which will have the necessary instructions on it).
3. Email me and ask me to sign you up through active.com.
Please understand that if you ask me to do this, you are giving me permission to intial a waiver of liability (with your initials!) and to provide active.com with information such as your address and your birthdate. This is standard information that they need to verify that participants know what they are signing up for and to keep their noses clean in case of injury, etc. during the event. This information is also requested if you choose to request a "paper application" from Rona instead of signing up online. You will also need to add the $15 registration fee PER PERSON to the total that you owe! Kiddos in strollers do not need to register.
- Don't forget to bring a copies of your family picture! What size did we all agree on?
- Yes, you can sign up for the 1 mile walk. If you want to be a sissy baby and spoil all the fun. By all means, walk, weenie, walk. We'll see you at the finish line.
- Let's remember that this is a family event, something intended to include everyone and make us all feel closer as a group. But if someone wants to start talking smack, I'll be happy to school you on the Fourth. I'm just sayin'.
That's all I've got... please add if you think of anything I left out!
P.S. Check out the countdown clock over there -------------> in the sidebar (actually, it's up at the top, but I can't figure out how to do an up arrow.). Cool, huh?