Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Burp!

Carrot cake it is! But it's your job (unless you want to delegate to Ms. $17.29) to go pick all the little carrots for the top. Make sure that you clean them, and leave the tops on, please! :) Okay, so maybe not....

Carrot sounds fine, but do you have a second choice, just in case I can't find a mix that can be reasonably altered to impersonate carrot?

Thanks for the Walmart suggestion, Lenka, but since it's my night to cook dinner (and btw, we are prolly going to switch from Friday meals to Thursday, to better facilitate our travel plans, and so that Friday can be a general left-over day. Hey, don't shoot me....it was Susan's idea!) Anyway...

Since it is my night to cook, and I had the bright idea of using Jacq's upcoming birthday as the excuse du jour for eating ginormous quantities of cake (not that we need an excuse, but excuses can be fun!) , I have decided that I am going to make, and decorate, the cake. I didn't pay all that $$ on cake classes just to hire Walmart, LOL! Not to say I'll do much of anything terribly fancy--and you can scrape off the cream cheese icing if you dare--but I do wanna make the cake.

I'm planning to use a mix simply because I don't know how the kitchen will be stocked, and I don't care to buy or bring all the separate ingredients necessary. I may already have to leave one of the kids behind in order to have room for my cake decorating supplies, LOL!

I promise, if the oven is reasonably functional, the "BOX (shudder) cake" will be at least somewhat edible. ;-)

2 comments:

susan said...

Oh, sure, throw the blame on me. What a bunch of buck passers we are!

SheBear said...

hehehheh.....I thought that was purty smooth, myself! ;-)