Monday, September 18, 2006

Week 9 (Sept. 17-23)

Sorry for the late post!

At least 3 days this week:
Warm-up walk: 5 minutes
Stretch
Run: 5 minutes
Walk: 10 minutes
Run: 4 minutes
Walk: 11 minutes
Cool down walk: 5 minutes
Stretch



Cold Weather Running Safety
by Henley Gibble

These tips
are taken from the Road Runners Club of America's Cold Weather Running recommendations.

The only time that I will not run in the winter is when there is ice on the trails. Early morning runs in newfallen snow can be some of the most memorable. Runs in cold weather can be some of our most wonderful experiences; they can also be some of the worst if a few key safety rules are overlooked. Hypothermia, frostbite and falls are some of the risks.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Wow, I am SO far behind on this running thing. Well, I think I'm only 2 weeks behind. I guess that's not SO bad. Sigh. Anyway, on to the important stuff:

Jacqueline's Christmas List has now been updated. :-D